Here at Super Smiles, we are very proud to provide general dentistry to your child in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. We are committed to providing the best patient care and service around. Our dental team is here to help each patient every step of the way and create only the most unique patient experience.
What is a general dentist?
A general dentist is a primary care provider for oral health. The priority of a general dentist is the prevention of disease. The majority of dental procedures are either diagnosing issues or preventing them. General dentistry diagnoses, treats and manages the overall oral health care needs of your child. This includes gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and preventive education, amongst many more.
By emphasizing health and oral hygiene, general dentistry helps kids avoid the progression of oral disease. If issues are left untreated, they can eventually result in pain, missing school, and loss of money, as procedures can be pretty expensive. Learn more here.
What does general dentistry do?
When your child visits the general dentist, they have a thorough examination of their mouth, teeth, and gums. Afterward, they benefit from a professional cleaning by our friendly staff and a discussion about optimizing their dental health. Click here to learn more.
If an exam reveals tooth decay, we will clean out any issues and fill the affected tooth with a composite resin. While quite common, these services are just a small example of what your general dentist provides. Read below for the services a general dentist usually offers.
- Preventive —We help your child maintain the best oral health by stopping disease before it takes hold in their mouth. Regular diagnostic exams, x-rays, and professional teeth cleanings are the best practices of prevention. Your general dentist gives detailed instructions on how to improve their at-home hygiene and recommends preventive treatments. And if your child leads an active lifestyle, your dentist can even fit them with a custom-made mouthguard at the dental practice.
- Restorative — If there is an issue, your dentists will ensure your child gets appropriate treatment promptly. Restorative dental involves removing tooth decay and filling in the affected tooth for ultimate protection. If there happens to be an accident that affects your child’s mouth, a general dentist will diagnose and treat the causes of tooth pain. They provide a place to go when you need prompt treatment for dental trauma. General dentists can offer treatments for missing teeth, such as; crowns, bridgework, and dentures. Some dentists have additional training to provide advanced therapies, such as root canal therapy, orthodontics, and dental implants.
- Cosmetic Dentistry — You want to get a sparkling Hollywood smile? Many general dentists offer cosmetic dentistry services to help you get the smile of your dreams. Procedures include teeth whitening, cosmetic dental bonding, and porcelain veneers.
- Overall Health — Many people don’t know that oral health mirrors your general health. Dental problems can mirror issues in other parts of your body and vice versa. For example, untreated oral infections can increase the incidence of cardiovascular disease, premature birth during pregnancy, and poor control of diabetes.
- Nutritional Counseling — General dentists can also offer health and wellness information and advice on the best foods for outstanding dental health.
How Can Super Smiles Help?
Our doctors and friendly staff have a philosophy of providing only the best quality dental care possible. They are committed to helping each patient make informed decisions about their oral health. We are located in Broken Arrow and love serving our community. Our dentists and friendly staff care for every patient that walks through our door. We pride ourselves on treating each patient as a member of our dental family.
General Dentistry Procedures Provided at Super Smiles
Our dentists have invested time, resources, and energy into advanced training and education to offer our valued patients many services. Some of the services we provide are:
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Cleanings
- Digital Impressions
- Enamel Shaping
- Fluoride Treatments
- Lingual Frenectomy
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
We would love for you to become part of our dental family if you are looking for general dentistry in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, or surrounding areas. We are happy to help you with all your oral health needs. Give us a call at (417) 887-1397, or send us a quick email to set up a consultation.